With over 20 years of experience, Best Stainless supplies 15-5 ph stainless steel for a variety of industries including aerospace, petrochemical, and pulp & paper factories. 15-5 stainless steel bar is a precipitation-hardening martensitic stainless steel designed to have greater toughness than 17-4 ph stainless steel. It is used in applications requiring better corrosion resistance and transverse properties compared to other similar martensitic grades. The strength and toughness desired can be altered by the temperate range in the heat treatment process. 15-5 PH steel has a more refined structure which improves the toughness of the material.
Our 15-5 stainless steel bar comes in a range of grades and shapes used for many applications. We have an extensive stock of shapes including 15-5 stainless steel round bar, hex bar, flat bar, and square bar, as well as boat shaft and pump shaft.
Below you will find typical applications of 15-5 PH stainless steel as well as the metals' composition and mechanical properties. Learn more about the value-added services that we offer to help you expedite the current job you have at hand.
Benefits of 15-5 PH Stainless Steel
15-5 PH Stainless Steel has many benefits across several industries and can be used for many applications. 15-5 has the chemical makeup of 15% chromium and 5% nickel, known for withstanding difficult atmospheric conditions. Here are some of the benefits that 15-5 Steel offers:
- Heat Treated Processing
- 15-5 PH can be heat treated or aged at lower temperatures, allowing the steel to be enhanced and increasing the durability of the metal.
- Superior Resistance to Corrosive Material
- In certain environments, such as marine, 15-5 stainless steel provides superior resistance to corrosive material with its high mechanical properties.
- If needed, 15-5 PH stainless steel can be welded with other types of metals, which means it can be used as both a conventional metal and a filler metal for different applications.
15-5 PH Stainless Steel Stock Shapes
- 15-5 PH Pump Shafts
- 15-5 PH Round Bar
- 15-5 PH Square Bar
- 15-5 PH Boat Shaft
- 15-5 PH Flat Bar
- 15-5 PH Hex Bar
15-5 ph Stainless Steel Mechanical Properties
(% in 2in.)
|Reduction Of |
15-5 PH Stainless Steel Bar Applications
- Aircraft Parts
- Pump Parts
15-5 PH Stainless Steel Bar Composition
- Carbon 0.070 Max
- Chromium 14.0-15.50
- Columbian + Tantalum 0.15-0.45
- Copper 2.50-4.50
- Manganese 1.00 Max
- Nickel 3.50-5.50
- Phosphorus 0.040 Max
- Silicon 1.00 Max
- Sulfur 0.030 Max
Backed by Industry Standards
- UNS S15500
- AMS 5659
- ASTM A564
Call us today at (713)482-4000