BEST STAINLESS & ALLOYS - VENDOR Terms and Conditions (T&C)
This document describes Best Stainless & Alloys, LP (BEST STAINLESS) expected requirements and/or Quality Terms and Conditions (QT&C) for purchased products and/or services that have a direct effect on the quality or timeliness of conformity of BEST STAINLESS product. The following communicates Best Stainless & Alloys Terms & Conditions (T&C) to external providers:
- The BEST STAINLESS Purchase Order (PO) names and/or describes the processes, products and services the company (BEST STAINLESS) desires to be provided.
- The BEST STAINLESS PO for metal, calibration services, or machining services, requires that the external provider give evidence of approved and accepted:
- products and/or services;
- methods, processes and production equipment; and,
- the release of products and services to BEST STAINLESS;
with, or by an attached or accompanying signed certification (such as, when applicable, a material test report (MTR); a certificate of conformance (C of C), or a certificate of accuracy (C of A)). All raw material products shall have full traceability to original Mill / Country of Origin.
- The BEST STAINLESS PO for services will, when applicable, specify what level of competence or qualification or certified training is required for the purchased service, including any required qualification of service personnel.
- BEST STAINLESS controls and monitors receipt of provider's product and/or service by inspecting the external provider's product and or service and checking/verifying the provider’s timely and accurate delivery (monitoring supplier performance) of what was ordered on the BEST STAINLESS PO.
BEST STAINLESS will communicate with the supplier when a supplier’s performance is not acceptable.
- Order Fulfillment with Process specifications shall be performed to the latest revision of the named specification. When the latest Revision is not available or supplied, written notification must be made available to the Best Stainless Purchasing Agent. Revision levels on the supplied product shall be listed on the mill test report or certificate of conformance.
- Supplier Product Inspection is to be performed and certified (approved and released) prior to release of (shipment of) product or service to BEST STAINLESS.
- Test methods used for calibration services shall meet national standards (NIST). Calibration suppliers shall include test method, name of device used for the test/calibration, the as-found condition of the submitted device, the supplier’s NIST traceable number(s), the final adjusted status, the level of accuracy of calibration (certainty), and planned frequency (next due date) and acceptance criteria on the on the Test Certificate that is returned with all submitted devices.
- If nonconforming product occurs as a result of supplier’s services, the supplier shall notify BEST STAINLESS in order to make applicable arrangements for the nonconforming product. BEST STAINLESS requires a vendor issued RMA # or RGA# for all returns.
- If supplier makes any changes to its product or processes that would affect product/material purchased by BEST STAINLESS, then BEST STAINLESS shall be notified prior to the change.
- Suppliers shall retain production related records for a minimum of 7 years.
- Suppliers shall maintain an internal audit system and provide results of same if requested. The audits shall include assessing the risk of counterfeit product.
- Based on circumstance, BEST STAINLESS, their customer, and/or associated regulatory authorities, shall have the right of entry to the supplier’s facility, at any level of the supply chain with relation to the purchased product or service, and may request access to all applicable records.